Yesterday was my first day of Swedish!
The first class was a lecture about Swedish music. It was a bit boring since he mostly had us listen to the music (he would play the whole song!) instead of telling more about the piece. Later, we had a language lesson, which was sort of hard since I can't really make these sounds:
å ä Ö
I learned how to say
Jag heter = my name is___
Vad heter du? = What is your name?
Jag är från = I am from___
Vad är från du? = Where are you from?
Trevligt att traffas = Nice to meet you.
The last one is difficult! Anyway, Swedish people like to change their pitch when talking. They usually go up, dip down then up again. I don't really know how to explain it...
Me being a good student!
Me being a good student!
I got to meet my Swedish buddy today! He is very nice and we went to a cafe for fika. He actually got back from a study abroad in Singapore. He loves hockey and traveling. We talked about the usual topics that are mentioned when first meeting a new person. We are planning on meeting up again so that will be good. Maybe he can help me with my Swedish pronunciation!
The weather has been nice since it has been getting warmer. This has been the warmest temperature since I got here and today I actually went out with only two layers!
No comments:
Post a Comment