Another relaxing day at Tenhult! I really didn't do much yesterday or today... I did read the first chapter of Evidence that Demands a Verdict. It was a good read and it made me think. I liked how it dealt with that if one is seeking the truth then they need to follow wherever it leads... Additionally, one should have a presuppositions of the method of finding truth instead of presuppositions of what the truth will be. So those that start with, there is no god, is not looking for truth, but they are trying to validate their version of "truth." Instead, we should have no position on what the truth will be, but instead be vigorous in our research methods of obtaining the truth. I am excited to see what else this book has to show that when vigorous research methods are applied to the person of Jesus than we Christians can be certain of the object of our faith (it doesn't matter how strong we believe, but who we believe in that saves).
Anyway, most of us girls at Tenhult went to the after-work dinner at ätta glas. In Jonkoping, they have a nice event called after-work dinner. This is done every Friday and this is when restaurants have a discounted buffet for the evening for a relatively inexpensive price. The restaurant served sausage, potatoes, pasta, fried fish, chicken, and many other dishes. The food was good, but they said it isn't really Swedish food so I am still in the hunt of authentic Swedish food...
These are the girls I went out with.On the left side of the picture (from front to back) is Andrea (Austria), Miriam (Spain), Janaia (The rest of the girls are from Germany), and Slyvia. Then on the right side is Mona, Jelena, and Tamara (she was covered up).
After dinner we decided to go to a coffee house. This is my Chai Latte and it was really good! The outing was very nice with my roommies!
Then when we got home, Andrea, Renars, Hanna, Freya (the Wale girls) and I watched the new Bourne movie. I like watching movies with them since they are so funny.
Oh, I bought these comic books today because they are in Swedish and it could be something I could practice on with my language class. Now to actually study... :) But I am having too much fun!
I am so excited because it looks like the weather is going to warm up!!!
19°
Mostly Cloudy
°F | °C
|
No comments:
Post a Comment