Sunday, January 20, 2013

Relaxing Sunday

Today, I didn't do a lot... I slept till half past 12 and then later I went to Willy:s with Caroline. The shopping trip took us about 4 hours. In order for us to get there we have to take two buses and a bus and train ride to get home. So carrying all the stuff home was heavy! 

This is what I bought today and it came out to be 245 SEK which is about $38 (1 Sek equals .15 cents). 


I bought some Surstromming (sour Baltic herring) which is Sweden's famous (or infamous) stinky fish. I thought I would experience some of their culture. 

You can read more about it here: 
http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Lifestyle/Traditions/Celebrating-the-Swedish-way/The-surstromming-premiere/
I will let you know how my experience goes!!!

I even bought 1 kg of Gouda cheese!!  I froze some of it so hopefully it last for a while and the price wasn't too bad since it came out to be $6.50 for 2.2lbs. 


Don't worry mom! I am keeping up with my "nourishment."


After having dinner with some of my housemates some of us watched Rush Hour 1 together. It was quite fun since I haven't watched it for a long time and the humor was fresh for me and my roomies were fun to laugh with and chat while watching it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment