Well it has only been my third day here and I already missed my first bus and so Caroline and I were late to the tour of the library. (I wish I skipped it like one of my friends since it was so boring, but one fact is that the building used to be an old factory). Anyway, here are some pictures of the train station and what it usually looks like at around 8:30am.
View of the railroad from the bridge. Name of the area I am living in.
Things about Sweden
Gender equality is emphasized here thus all the restrooms are unisex (each toilet room is separate). So this is what is seen on all the doors.
The eating area is so nice since there are tons of microwaves and even refrigerators are available. Also they have sinks to wash your dishes and a water pot. I wish UCF had all that for students! Since Swedish people love to recycle they have a bin to separate all the different waste. The orange container has several draws with trash cans inside for things like glass, plastic, food particles, etc.
Caroline, Aina, Tina and I went to A6 to shop at H&M. It was kind of weird to be shopping at a store that is in the U.S. and hear songs from Taylor Swift, Carly Jepsen, and others. However, at least I got to see the "authentic" thing! After that Tina and I went to Willy's again. The candy bar I am holding is sold in Publix and when I worked there I told myself every time I saw it that I would eat it when I finally got to Europe.Thus, it was great to actually get to eat it! It was really good, it is chocolate with coconut inside (it reminded me of the candy, Mounds, that is sold in the U.S. It was worth all the hard work to get where I am now!
The checkout is very different from Publix! I don't know if you can see, but the conveyor belt is divided and the cashier switches the divider back and forth to send groceries to one side so the customer can pack their own groceries. While one customer is packing the cashier moves the divider and continues scanning so that the second customer's groceries go down to the other side. Also, you have to buy any nice plastic bags to pack your stuff. There are plastic bags at the end and they are free to use, but they are smaller and not as sturdy. I love the fact that customers have to bag their own groceries and cashiers have stools! I wish I had that when I was working! Aldi is an European store and it is similar to stores here in Jonkoping.
Tina and I went back home to eat dinner. We made dinner with Mona and it was great talking and laughing. We talked about some crazy things and I learned more about European culture and about the girls I am living with. They are wonderful and it is fun to learn more about this part of the world!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment