Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First day of school!

My courses started today!!! In the morning (9am), I had Swedish language, culture, and society 1. It wasn't a long class since just we went over the syllabus and other preliminary information. Also, we split into smaller groups according to the days/times most convenient for us. Caroline, Ania, and I choose group C since if we go on the Kiruna trip (I really want to go on this trip!) we would only have to skip one day of class. 

Anyway, after buying the textbook we scanned some chapters because we girls are sharing the book. Since our next class wasn't until 17:00 (5pm), I decided to go back home and try to get some homework/research done. But I didn't really do anything because I hung out in the kitchen with some of my house mates (one is from Germany and the other is from Austeria). They were making a German dish, reibekuchen, which is like a fried potato pancake with onion, spices, and flour. 

Then I caught the train back to school. (today was my first time riding the train by myself and I did a wonderful job of getting home and back without any help! haha I feel accomplished!). I have the same professor for Intercultural and International Communication as I do in Swedish 1 and I am really glad. He is a wonderful professor and he is so animated and he is really funny. He went over the preliminary information and then went straight into the lecture. After that, he split us into 7-8 groups and he made sure that each group had a variety of cultures and that no group would have the same country represented twice. In my group, I have an Australian, British, Turkish, German, Swedish, Mexican, Lithuanian, Singaporean, and then me!
I finished my first day!

Then Caroline and I came home to a German dinner. It was quite good and it was good seeing the table filled with people. Despite the cold, I am glad I came here!

No comments:

Post a Comment