Saturday, January 19, 2013

One week completed

It has been a week since I left home! 
The time has flown by and I am still in the process of realizing that I will live here for the next five months. I’ve never been anywhere else for that long, but I am pretty adjusted to the place and the ins and outs of living here. The weather has been really cold, but it will get even colder as you can see on the weather forecast. Yesterday, I went out with Eric, Aino, and Caroline to see a little bit of the town and go to the pier and it was -9 fahrenheit! After that, we went to a welcome party so walking home in just jeans was awful! My legs started tingling and when I rubbed them I barely felt my hands touching them! 

Weather for Jönköping, Sweden

-19°C | °FSatSunMonTue
Mostly SunnyFogFogFog
Light Snow
Wind: N at 0 km/h
Humidity: 85%-5°-11°-8°-14°-10°-17°-10°-17°


Oh, while I was at the train station waiting for Tina I got to see the Swedish police in action. Two cops were talking quietly to a man for a long period and since I couldn’t understand them I don’t know if it was a friendly chat or anything. But out of the blue the man attacks one of the cops!!  It took three cops to bring him down and he still wouldn’t cooperate so I think they drugged him. After that the paramedics came and help take him away. It was kind of scary since it happened about 7 feet from where I was sitting!
Anyway, I don’t have any plans for today, but I might go shopping and eat out with some of my house mates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment