Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Swedish Family

Today I met my contact family!

At the mingle, I met my "mother" and my "sister," but my "father" was sick so hopefully I will meet him at dinner next week.  The mother is super sweet and she works at the University as an exam guard. She has four boys (ages ranges from 40s to 24) and five grandchildren. My sister is  also an exchange student, she is from Germany and she is in both of my class. We did fika while getting to know each other. I am delighted that my contact family is actually a family and not just a group of friends or a girl/boyfriend couple. I am very excited about the prospect of experiencing more of the real Sweden!

This is what I ate for lunch. Sweds like this small shrimp and since I need to eat seafood to get more vitamin D I bought a shrimp dip at ICA Maxi. It is good, it kind of reminds me of my family's holiday shrimp dip.

Now to study and get some homework done with some motivation from European M&Ms and tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment