As you know I am going to Copenhagen next week. I booked my tickets yesterday afternoon because it is cheaper when they are bought in advance. Anyway, that evening my friend told me that she has an infection in her mouth due to her wisdom teeth being taken out and that she may not be able to make the trip...
So I was stuck with a ticket I couldn't get refunded for and I was really disappointed since I wanted to go with her and I didn't know of anyone else who wanted to go to Copenhagen on such short notice. However, thankfully she told me today that she would be able to go!!! (turns out there is nothing serious about her infection)
Thus, we both booked our hostel reservations at Generator. http://generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/copenhagen/
Then!!!
I really wanted to go to Kiruna, to see the ice hotel, Northern lights, go dog sledding, and see the Sami people (Indigenous people of northern Sweden). I tried booking a ticket for the school trips twice (both trips sold out before I could book) so then I tried another website for student tours. The first time I wasn't sure I could go during the tour dates so due to my indecisiveness I missed the last ticket. Then another trip opened up with better dates, but I wasn't able to pay for it since I needed some info from my mother about my credit card. Thus, by the time I got the info the last ticket was taken...
So I went back to watch the movie, Second Hand Lions, with my housemates (was totally feeling like kicking myself since I missed the trip four times now). However, by the time I came back the trip I was trying to book, REOPENED!!!!!!
SO I AM GOING TO KIRUNA!!! :D
http://www.scanbaltexperience.com/Lapland-Express
I do miss several class, but whatever! This is a chance of a lifetime!
Who needs an A anyway? hehe :)

No comments:
Post a Comment