Eventually, we all ordered schnitzel While it was cooking he gave us a dish of cheese with tomatoes with bread and it was simply amazing. Then we got one if the best salads I have ever had. Thus with all this food we couldn't eat the main course and he was shocked, "what's this?!" Well we decided not to get any beer since it was a bit expensive so we toasted with our water. I said we were tea toddlers instead of tea totters and we bust into side hurting laughter and we went on for a while. I couldn't breathe so I started wheezing and that made us laugh even more. Looking back it wasn't that funny but it was super hilarious to us that night. Our waiter was so nice that we gave him a 10 euro tip and he was surprised at it since it isn't common to tip in Germany. After dinner we went grocery shopping and we planned our meals for the next several days. Then we had some wine at the hostel since a glass was 1 Euro with our stay. We didn't even drink a fifth of it and I didn't really like it. The hostel was really good. It was clean, felt homely, and we were in a room with four beds so it was quite with mostly just us in the room. That night we had a German girl who came to audition as an opera singer.
(March 28th)
In the morning, Isabella and I went to a cafe for breakfast. We went across the street to a cute serve-yourself cafe. We choose some scrumptious pastries and had the best chocolate coffee. Anyway we went to Esslingen. It is a tiny cute town near Stuttgart with some nice shops and cute buildings. We just walked around and shopped. We even had real crepes and they were amazing. While we were ordering a man was buying ice-cream and he was "English!" He is studying seminary at the military base near by and he has been there for about 6 months or so (he is from Texas I think).
(March 29th)
Today we went to Ludwigsburg, this town contains several castles and a church. We went to the church then Ludwigsburg palace. We couldn't go in though... On our way to the hunting lodge Favorite, we got to have a bagpipe performance and see traditional clothes. We also didn't see inside the lodge since the tour was in German and a ticket was 8 Euros. We saw other buildings and we went to a nice cafe and tried waffles and I tried my first Bailey's coffee. Back at the hostel got another roommate and this time it was a Korean girl studying in Germany. She was on vacation and she was traveling by herself.
(March 30th)
During our morning cafe routine, Isabella and I meet a German boy. I think he saw us at the first bakery and followed us over to the other cafe. As I was getting my coffee I couldn't find the stir sticks so he helped me and he asked us where we were from and other chit chat questions. He asked me where we were going to sit and at first we said no since Janae was waiting for us, but we went to sit with him. It was a pleasant breakfast and he was nice to talk with (plus he was cute). As we were making our way to the city center we saw the market that Marco mentioned and we all bought some treasures and gifts. We did more shopping and visited some churches around the area. None eventful day, but that night was interesting. All of us girls were in my bunk and watching silly youtube videos and laughing. Anyway, Isabella spilled her tea on herself (so it looked like she peed) so she rushes off to clean herself. But she runs into someone and she is embarrassingly laughing and explaining "it's tea!" Then when she is in the bathroom, we get a knock at the door and it is one of the boys in the room next to us. He is leaning against the door post and asks if I knew where his room key was. He was like, "I'm just a little bit drunk." Anyway, I just told him to go to the front desk and then we heard them throwing up all night... lovely I know.
(March 31th)
Easter Sunday!! So our plan was to wake up early for church service, but the mute button was hit so we woke up at 10am. Nonetheless, we went to ---church invade there was a later service. And as we were getting close the bells started ringing so we ran and made it just in time for the sermon! It was a nice service with a lot of rituals and the singing in German was nice. On the way home we stopped at a small cafe that was open and asked for chocolate coffee. Poor lady, her grandsons were trying to explain what we wanted, but she was a bit hesitant since it was her first time doing it. But needless to say she did a great job. For breakfast, Isabella tries to make crepes... After that we just took a walk and while Isabella rested Janae and I went looking for food. We went to the main station since there were stores open. When we came back we started chatting about girl stuff and what we wanted in a man. I said I didn't want to emphasis physical looks in my evaluation. Later Mark jumps in by saying I wasn't eaves dropping, but the more you talked the more I was trying to listen and I just want to comment on what I said. From his speech about saying that looks does play a factor we went in to many different topics about trying to find the right person. It was an interesting chat and I found it interesting that even though he wasn't a Christian he had some good ideas of what a wife should be like and that he can't find them in clubs. We talked until like 1am and then I had to get Bella to let him sleep.
(April 1st)
Today we were suppose to catch a bus to Zurich. We were already at the platform to catch the trolley to the main station to get to our bus stop. The trolley comes but it stoops further down the platform so we are moving towards it and as we get closer the trolley starts moving away!!! We catch the next one, but by the time we get to the bus stop we are 15 min late... And the next one didn't some until Wednesday so we go back to the hostel and thankfully Mark is up and on the computer. He helps us find a train to our destination and eventually we arrive in Switzerland! But since I killed my phone on the first day I has to ask a lady to use her cellphone. But as I am calling Andrew comes! So we arrive at his house and he gives a night tour. He takes us to the main shopping streets, past some buildings, then to the tallest building in the country (Prime Tower).
(April 2nd)
Today we just went back to same area we went to last night. We shopped and visited some churches. We each bought colored pants and it wasn't too expensive (just a little bit), but it was in my mint color and I bought it in Europe (turns out that it was good that I got them since my pair of jeans got a hole in the behind area from the wash machine). Anyway, we met Andrew at a fondue restaurant. We were a bit late since we couldn't find the church (it is pretty high) so we are out of breath since we had to run. But it was a nice evening since it was my first time to eat fondue and just chatting. Then we went to a cafe and got a 9 cake sampler. I was beyond stuffed then!
(April 3rd)
I wanted to go up the mountain so we went to the station and we took the right train... Or so we thought, but only went to several stops before ours. We missed the next train since Janae went looking for a bathroom and we all didn't make it in time. Then it was 20min before our next train so we decide to find food, but then we missed that one as well so we just waited for 10min for the next one. Once we finally made it we had a good walk and we climbed up the tower and the view was really beautiful. After that we did more shopping and had more sour cream ice-cream at the Prime Tower.
(April 4th)
Time to go home! I went to the airport with the girls in the morning since I wanted to help bring my luggage. But of course I had to have a nose bleed so I am walking out the door and going onto the trolley while squeezing my nose (sort of embarrassing). Anyway, after seeing them off I walked around the city and went to the Landesmuseum (shows Switz history). I went to my bus stop and it was 4 hours late! The ticket man also wasn't really nice and just said please wait and wouldn't give any other information. But I made it to hostel at 1am and went to bed!! In the morning, I explored the city a little then got onto another bus to get to the airport. After 2 hours I arrive and I make it to my flight (1 and half hours). I sat near a mother from Afghanistan who moved to Sweden when she was 18. She was with her two children and husband and currently pregnant with another. Her daughter was so cute and it was nice talking with her. Anyway, after landing I had to wait a hour to get a bus to the Göteborg city. I had had to wait 2 hours for the bus and then it was another 2 hours to Jönköping. Thankfully, when I arrived I was able to just walk straight on the last train to Tenhult. After 15min ride and 1/2 mile walk.... I WAS HOME!!! Goodness it was good to be back.

No comments:
Post a Comment