It has been a fun couple of days. The weather has been so nice that a couple of days ago I went on a picnic. There is a lake near where I live so I went there to enjoy the sun.
This is what I had...
Surströmming
fermented fish
http://fish.gourmetrecipe.com/Popular_Fish_Dishes_Surstroemming_l30
The smell wasn't too awful although it did stink. As for the taste it was ok, it was really salty, but I won't eat it again. However, the view was beautiful!
Yesterday I made biscuits for everyone since none of my housemates had ever tried an American biscuit! To them a biscuit is a cookie. So I just had to make them some. Tina and I went to the store together since it is nice to be with someone when shopping takes more than two hours. Everyone loved them, but sadly they were too salty... because I borrowed sugar from Mona, but I accidentally took her salt!! And then sadly I knew the first batch was salty so I put in more "sugar" in the second batch so it turned out really salty!
Then today I got to see the King and Queen of Sweden!!! These are some of the girls I saw the royal family with. We went to Books and Coffee after our Swedish lesson and hung out until it was time to go.
Queen Silvia
King Carl XVI Gustaf
Well I just wanted to let you all know what I have been up to and now I got to study a bit before I leave for Kiruna!!!!!
on the biscuit topic, i would have thrown the first mistake dough out. and started all over. grams
ReplyDelete